Products de Jour et al
I usually by the Blended Beauty for my babies. I LOVE the Blended Cutie section for children. The products are sensitive enough for young heads and they do a great job at untangling the thick, long hair of my girls. Also because they scream bloody murder and it takes HOURS to comb their hair out SLOWLY, I use Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in conditioner. Well honey, that sh*t is a wonder conditioner cuz it softens their little hairs right up and has cut my comb through time down to less than an hour. Of course I leave that sh*t in their hair for about 2 hours, but daymit it works. LOL
Now for myself I use the whipped shea from Oyin Handmade. The thing that's great is I can use it on my hair, the girls hair, AND my body. Of course I always run out within a few weeks but the wait on the re-order is worth it. Plus my mother, hubby and I swear by "Greg Juice" and what it can do for your hair.
For my hair, because I have psoriasis I use a medicated shampoo from Naani's Naturals and it's worked better than ANY prescription or over the counter "drug" shampoo I've ever used. And I mean EVER. I take my bottle of shampoo, turn it over to my hair stylists and call it a day. They even say how healthy my scalp is and it's all because of this one lil ol' $9.00 bottle of shampoo. I just started using their deep conditioner with it, so I'll have to give an update on how that's working out for me.
And since I absolutely can NOT use soap, or "soap like" cleansers (i.e. dove, caress) on my skin I use a cleanser with emu oil. So now I buy my bath time products from Health-e-Skin and I'm in love. I know I've said that about the other stuff but their cleanser really helped me alot. It didn't leave my skin feeling dry like sand paper after using it. I also get the lotion and the skin repair formula. Love it! *chuckle*
Now if you impatient like I tend to be at times and don't want to be ordering sh*t all over the net you can buy most of these products at a store specifically geared towards folks tryna be natural (altho they do have some fakers up in there too). Of course this store doesn't carry ALL the products but it's enough to get you started. Type in the words iVillage at checkout and you'll get 10% off (just enough to make the shipping free).
I never knew the damage I was truly doing to my hair and my skin buy using sh*t I just happen to pick up at Walgreens or Payless. It wasn't until I had children that I tried to be more conscience of the things I was doing and how my children might be affected. And I really should have known better knowing that my dayum skin is sensitive as heck. So now I only buy these naturally handmade products and I have noticed a difference, I really have. I spend a bit more money, but hey like they say "you get what you pay for."
On that note, I'm sleepy *yawn* "That's All" *chuckle*
*hugs* Mama Alyson
Labels: natural, The Daughters of Destiny
4 Comments:
At 12:30 AM, December 14, 2007,
Lang said…
I could do a screen capture for people to see the site and have you link it.
At 5:46 AM, December 14, 2007,
Carmell said…
no mister richardson did not leave a comment!!! thats cute
why did you link the Kinky Coils??? i said one more creamy crack for the holidays then i was going back natural. Calease (#2)and i are going back to our "roots" i don't know this last texterizer on my daughter just really broke her hair off around the edges and i just wanna start over with her. and my hair is just falling out so i wanna start over again with me. AND i need to find SOMETHING that will work wonders on Carrigan's (#3) hair before she starts school next summer. i REFUSE to have to get up earlier just so i can do her hair. i was thinking to go so far as to cut it shoulder length just to make it easier. i think i will have to try that kinky curls.
i hear emu oil is really good for psoriasis. i've been trying to think up a concoction for my step son.... or buy something.
At 11:42 AM, December 14, 2007,
Shai said…
I LOVE Carol's Daughter Tui hair products. I hear mixed comments about her products. It is hit or miss. I love how it is not so harsh on my hair and it SMELLS good.
At 2:44 PM, December 14, 2007,
Xave said…
Just kinda fell here out of nowhere. When I saw the reference to Walter Williams in your profile, I had to look inside. :-) Thanks for the recomendations, Ali and I hope to have a baby within the next 12 months.
Peace and Love,
Ali's Zay (A Lover's Dream)
Post a Comment
<< Home